Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Dear Jedox User,

in our continuous strive to improve our services, features and to help you gain your share of this ever growing market we are introducing the Jedox Feature Voting System.
This new service is currently exclusively available for you, our Users and Partners.

What is this Jedox Feature Voting System?
It is a tool that provides you with the options to create and vote on Feature request, Ideas and any other general Feedback.
This in return provides us with the necessary Information to react and provide you with the things you need.

We invite you to browse this Page, create and vote on new Features, Ideas and requests!

How can we improve Jedox Software?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cell comment in Jedox web worksheet automatically from Attribute

In our reports we often show codes e.g. for areas or items.
    Often we also need to show descriptions of those codes which takes lots of space.

I often wished I could just show the description as mouse over of the cell which shows the code. Like the Tooltip of a link or a cell comment.

example:
    I have a dynarange which creates a list of areas and some KPIs.
    Now if I bring my mouse over an area code and want to the additional info like name of the area manager or name of the company.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple consolidation of an element

sometimes you have to be able to consolidate the same element multiple times, for instance with consolidation factor=0 (for instance when you built a hierarchy tailor-made for a report, and you want empty rows for presentation purposes)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lock a file in Report Designer when it is used by another user

Like Excel :
    Set the report in a read only mode when another developper is working on a file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reuse of a jedox session id in a connection in ETL

if a job using this variable connection is still running => message to the user / allow to cancel the job

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Number of rows from an ETL component

this would be greatly useful to have a method to get the number of rows returned by an ETL component, such as:

mySource=API.initSource("myExtract");
    mySource.getRowCount();

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. new clause in jedox db scripts "create if not exists"

Currently the standard option "ERROR_IF_EXISTS" is not convenient for instance to update a dimension on a prod machine from a dev machine.

this clause is also standard in databases dumps (e.g. CREATE INDEX "myIndex" IF NOT EXISTS)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get the old modeler back

Get the old modeler back, and not the new one that is awfully inconvenient, for instance for managing multiple hierarchies

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. By default show summary of cells in the bottom right corner

Like in Excel it would be nice to get an automatic summary of cells shown in the bottom right Corner (see attached file).

For example:
    Value in cell A1: 20
    Value in cell A2: 30
    Value in cell A3: 40

When range A1:A3 is selected, the sum of those three cells should be shown in the bottom right Corner. This should be doable in reportmanager as well as in the file Manager.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enhance the REST connection with the standard methods

At the present time only GET and POST are supported. It would be great to have all the other methods of REST (PUT, DELETE...)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Working with tasks through API

It would be useful to be able to create, modify, delete and launch tasks directly from the API, allowing specification of :

schedule (date/time of execution and frequence of execution),
    active or not,
    file location when generating xlsx or pdf.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →
  11. workbook export macro function should also support pdf as file type (currently xlsx, wss)

I am using macros to export files.
    Currently I can only choose between xlsx and wss.
    For a project I do at the moment I would need Pdf to be a possibility as well.

why Pdf in this case?
    - normal users can't handle wss
    - we don't want the user to use an exported xlsx Jedox report as source for other Excel reports to apply shadow reporting

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Admin →
  12. Outline mode in paste wiev

If there are 2 dimensions in the rows in paste view and the second dimension aggregation level is expanded, then all first dimension element displayed.
    It makes data analysis and discovery a nightmare. If it could work like an outline mode, like expanding a dimension level only expands at a given first dimension, it would result in a more comprehensibe layout.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  13. Hotfix availability

If a hot-fix is available, it might be interesting for everyone. It would be nice if all partners are informed and it could be downloaded.
    Or if hot fixes grouped together in cumulative patches, it could be released monthly therefore constantly improving system stability at clients.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Admin →
  14. excel F4 repeat last operation did not work

As Jedox systems gets more and more complex, instead multiple RGP, and FGP, Config databases, a single database could be used so store all metadata about jedox.

This help backup/restore of the system, it also might help moving development between dev/test/live systems.
    This is currently not supported in any way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. excel F4 repeat last operation did not work

excel F4 repeat last operation did not work in current jedox version. This is the best practice to work in excel quickly (like formatting, etc)

Could it be enabled even when exel add in is installed?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  16. localization / language in ressource

I want to do the translation only once in one report and use it in all other, perhaps about the ressource-option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. localization / multi language for check box/button...

it should be possible to use the localize-function also for check-box, buttons etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. make all variables visible in the first report

when I create a new report and insert a combo box or something similar I would like to have the selection of all variables not only these of the actual open report.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement more shortcuts in web spreadsheet

Several shortcuts are missed when working in the Jedox web spreadsheets. These include (Excel-inspired):
    Ctrl+b for bold
    Ctrl+arrow navigation
    Shift+click to select area
    Ctrl+shift to select area
    Shift+Space to select entire row
    Shift+Ctrl to select entire column
    Ctrl+Alt+v to Paste Special
    Ctrl+1 for cell formatting
    Ctrl+Shift+1 for accounting cell format
    Ctrl + -/+ to insert/remove row

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Connection, Extract, Load for Workday

In the US we are seeing increasing demand for integrating Workday HR data into planning processes based on other sources (NetSuite, SAP, and other ERP systems, Qlik on the frontend). Workday They already has a relationship with Adaptive Insights and offer their own solution for Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting. We would be competing against them in deals that lead with planning for Workday as a requirement but in other deals having a Workday integration solution may help us against Adaptive, especially if the project goals include other areas where Jedox is strong (flexibility, Qlik integration, etc.).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base