Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Dear Jedox User,

in our continuous strive to improve our services, features and to help you gain your share of this ever growing market we are introducing the Jedox Feature Voting System.
This new service is currently exclusively available for you, our Users and Partners.

What is this Jedox Feature Voting System?
It is a tool that provides you with the options to create and vote on Feature request, Ideas and any other general Feedback.
This in return provides us with the necessary Information to react and provide you with the things you need.

We invite you to browse this Page, create and vote on new Features, Ideas and requests!

How can we improve Jedox Software?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audit trail on attributes change and ETL jobs

Implement audit trail on attributes modification.

Follow all ETL modifications through audit trail.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Jedox AG
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide all #VALUE errors (Alle #WERT-Fehler ausblenden)

Especially on opening or reloading a workbook for a short moment there may be displayed lots of #VALUE errors, while Jedox is retrieving data.
    Only possibility to hide these currently is an optional formatting for text color to match background color - what is a lot of work as soon as one uses different colors on worksheet.
    Proposal: Option to hide all #VALUE errors in Report-Manager and/or File-Manager. A default should be possible do define and maybe also the user should be able to toggle visibility of #VALUE errors in menu.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Manage Jedox services from System Manager

In Cloud environment Jedox admin must be able to start / restart or stop Jedox services. But the administration of the server often is another person or even company. Thus there are many loss and delays due to communication. I suggest a management function for Jedox services like OLAP, Core, Tomcat, and HTTPD. Maybe integrated in System Manager.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamic Hyperlinks on images

Right now the target of a hyperlink on an image is static, i.e. the target must be selected from the report tree. However, if one rename a report, all hyperlinks must be adapted manually.
    Therefore hyperlinks on images should also use variables as target, so that the target report is only once defined in e.g. globals, and can be changed easily with no effort for all images.
    (Same thing is already possible with the HYPERLINK formula, but not on images)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Paste NOT only for visible area (especially when using dynaranges)

Unfortunately in Jedox Web copy&paste is only possible for visible areas of the report.
    When working with large dynranges people often export reports to excel first, then they fill in their numbers (e.g. sales revenue planned) and want to paste the values from excel into the web report.

But this paste action will only fill those cells in the web report the user is able to see on his screen. If the underlying dynarange contains more lines than shown, the paste values will simply be ignored in paste action.
    It is really hard to explain to users why jedox behaves…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto clear of Jedox session

I would like to cleared session automatically when after time-out.
    However, currently, session will be cleared automatically only when closed browser or shutdown PC.

So, We need the following options
    ・The time-out by the time that elapsed from after login
    ・The time-out by the IdleTime

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improved palo.data: show dimension names during input

It would be nice to receive information about the dimensions when inputting a palo.data function:

after inputting palo.data(DataBaseName,Cube, ...

the system would show the name of the dimension below the cell. (the way the different arguments of a function are suggested in Excel below the cell containing the formula during input - see attached file).

That way you wouldn't have to memorize or print out the structure of all your cubes.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drill Through Window > Size

Currently the size of the pop-up window is far too small in relation to monitors normally used in an office environment.
    a) Maximize size automatically
    b) Create possibility to define size sumhow (at least in some ini/config file or system variable)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Drill Through Window > Export to Excel > Correct Character and Number Format für German Excel

Currently the Export of Drillthrough Data to a German Version of Excel is not satisfactory for clients, as special characters are not displayed correctly and numbers with decimal point are not converted correctly.

>> Provide a working export to Excel for German Version

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. page setup with formulas

when creating customized headers and footers in a file it should be possible to use cell references =A3, variables =@project, named ares =_project or palo.data-functions to use any data from the sheet or retrieve when printing e.g. Headline from file or attributes should be usable in the footer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pagebreak in PDF prints

Wenn printing PDF pages it is sometimes needed that you can define where the page are broken, so that you can control what is shown on page 1, 2 etc.

This is a feature which will improve the usability for the viewer of the reports made in Jedox.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show absolute value AND percent for slices in mouseover of pie chart

It would be a nice feature to show the absolute value of slices as well as its value in percent when hovering over a pie chart.

At the moment you can only choose to show either absolute values or percent. But in general both values are useful to understand the chart immediately.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. active/inactive for form elements and dynaranges

problems:
    - sometimes I have multiple dynaranges in a report. But in some circumstances I don't want the dynarange to be executed (e.g. if it has long execution time).
    - to avoid that a dynarange is executed when a user opens a report because normally the parameter set is not what the user was looking for but he has to wait until its calculated before he can change the parameters

To achieve this I would like to be able to just set a dynarange to active/inactive.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Object manager for objects used in reports

In some reports we use 50+ objects, mainly dynaranges, comboboxes, buttons,..

Problem:
    - looking for a certain object it would be easier to have all objects in a list with some details about what their key parameters are
    - changing one or more parameter of a group of similar objects (for example visibility or width etc)

An object manager a la Excel VBA would be helpful.
    May be in connection with Macro development and debugging but thats another feature request of its own.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. a way to retrieve the specific ancestor/parent of an element chosen in a combobox

problem: the uses chooses an element in a combobox.
    I want to know the specific parent of this element in specific hierarchy the user used. But I can't find out exactly if this element is part of more than one hierarchy.

To my knowledge there are to functions which do not solve my problem in my oppinion:
    - PALO.EPARENT
    - PALO.ELEMENT_LIST_ANCESTORS

I can find workaround with using those functions but they are prone to bug ins the future when the hierarchies are updated or changed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. show user name and description in SystemManager/session overview

If we add a user we use a company wide user code which is a little cryptic. Therefore its hard to get a quick overview via the session manager in Jedox Web.
    Please show not only the user code of loggin in users but also the user name and user description.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Jedox Web faster for displaying ODBC query results as lists

Sometimes it is more suitable for us to just use an ODBC query in a Jedox Web Report and show the result as a list.
    Unfortunately Jedox Web is very slow to display those lists if they get bigger.
    Lets say it is fast if the result has only 5 columns and 15 rows but it becomes very slow if the result has 15 columns and 1000 rows. Unfortunately we often use those kind of flexible lists generated by ODBC queries to show details to certain report results based on the cubes

Please improve performance to display larger lists in…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Form elements should keep their position when inserting/deleting columns or rows

we defined a layout where (e.g.) comboboxes have a certain length and position. we created a template with some predefined comboboxes we use in nearly every report. However, when I have to insert a new column the comboboxes are shifted to the right and I have to reposition them every time despite I defined the position in the beginning.
    Please provide a function to lock a form element to its position so that it is not moved automatically by adding/removing columns/rows.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Jedox Web Cell-references in macros should be updated when columns/rows are added/deleted

sometimes we uses hardcoded cell references in macros. When adding/deleting cells in the Jedox Web Spreadsheet those macros have to updated manually every time. It would be nice if those references would be updated automatically.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Changing the date format for Datepicker

When I use datepicker, date format don't change.
    I want date format to change from default(mm/dd/yyyy) to other format(for example,"yyyy-mm-dd", "yyyy/mm/dd" and so on) for date picker.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base