Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Dear Jedox User,

in our continuous strive to improve our services, features and to help you gain your share of this ever growing market we are introducing the Jedox Feature Voting System.
This new service is currently exclusively available for you, our Users and Partners.

What is this Jedox Feature Voting System?
It is a tool that provides you with the options to create and vote on Feature request, Ideas and any other general Feedback.
This in return provides us with the necessary Information to react and provide you with the things you need.

We invite you to browse this Page, create and vote on new Features, Ideas and requests!

How can we improve Jedox Software?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create folders in ETL integration manager (by user)

instead of forcing the creation of folders by component type (e.g. "Cube", "Dimension", .. for extracts), it would be very much appreciated, if it was possible to create a folder-structure by user.
    Potentially, these folders could also span across "E", "T" and "L", to allow even easier structuring by topics.
    Not sure though, if the latter brings more advantages or disandvantages. Please post your comment.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Jedox AG
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sending the mail with Cc and Bcc in the Jedox ETL

I tried the following code in the Groovy in the Jedox ETL.

-----------------------------------------------
    import javax.mail.Message;
    LOG.info("BCC:" + Message.RecipientType.BCC);

mailer = API.getMailer();
    mailer.setServer();
    mailer.addRecipient(Message.RecipientType.BCC,"e-mail address");
    //mailer.addRecipient("e-mail address");
    mailer.setSubject("test");
    mailer.setMessage("test!");
    mailer.send();
    -----------------------------------------------

And then, I get the following error.

Unable to execute groovy job: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.jedox.etl.core.util.MailUtil.addRecipient() is applicable for argument types: (javax.mail.Message$RecipientType, java.lang.String) values: [Bcc, e-mail address]

And I can use the following code,
    but it send email only with To.

mailer.addRecipient("e-mail address");

At this time , it is not supported to send the mail with Cc and Bcc in the Jedox ETL .

So, Could you please…

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Space and Tab of Top of String will disappear when get String type Item on the Jedox ETL

http://knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowledgebase/allowed-allowed-characters-jedox/
    I understand that Not Allowed Characters in Jedox.
    However, it is specifications in case of Loads to cube or dimension etc.
    We want to get the Space and Tab of Top of String when Transforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Permanently deactivate grouping by type in ETL Project

Currently the grouping of ETL-Components by type has to be deactivated again in each session. This choice should be permanent. Make not grouping by type the default would be my preference.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. debug mode for macros and script code in ETL

when writing macros or script code in ETL it is often difficult to find out what went wrong and when it went wrong.
    The only way at the moment is to scan the log files for error messages.
    For development it would be helpfull to have a debug mode for those scripts and macros to see step by step if they are working correctly.
    This could be combined with the object manager I proposed within another feature request.

89 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Start ETL Job from any position

sometimes (while in development or production) an ETL job fails at a certain point. Then often all steps before were successfull and after solving the problem I would like to continue the ETL from the failed element onwards.
    Instead I have to restart the complete job or create a new job which doesnÄt include the elements which are fine for this one session.
    This costs lot of time and is inflexible.
    Please implement the function that makes it possible to start an ETL from a certain element within the chain.

(I am aware of a slightly similar feature suggestion but…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the GAE datastore and Adobe SiteCatalyst in the Jedox ETL

I hope to be added the functionalities to extract the data from the following data sources in the Jedox ETL.

[1] GAE datastore

[2] Adobe SiteCatalyst

Best Regards,

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rollback functionality for Jedox ETL

When loading data into relational database, the Jedox ETL commit the data every 1000 records by default, and it's not possible to change the commit size to "unlimited".
    Therefore, if the data loading was failed at the middle of the execution, the halfway data may remain in the target database after the execution.
    To avoid the problem, the Jedox ETL need to have the rollback functionality.

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add import button to ConstantTable

Adding data to this element can become annoying when you want to add several hundred lines. Also in projects it may happen, that clients provide constant table data through excel or text files, but using them as a file source would also allow to manipulate the source, what needs to be avoided in some cases.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve Batch PDF / Push-Mails

E-mails sent by ETL-/Taskmanager shall be more configurable:
    - User defined mail subject incl. use of ETL variables
    - User defined mail body incl. use of ETL variables, incl. HTML
    - Mail recipients: TO/CC/BCC
    - Possibility to attach statical files in addition to the batch-PDF.
    - Configurable layout templates

93 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  3 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Interface "à la Talend" in ETL Manager

Interface with components that can be dragged and dropped and connected to each other to represent the data flow

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tags for ETL-components

Choose several ETL components of one project which belong somehow logically together and group them under a given name.
    Should be displayed in ETL Manager under a new item
    -Tags
    --- SalesRelated
    ------Extract
    --------- E_XY_1
    --------- E_XY_2
    ------Transforms
    --------- T_QWERT
    --- ImportantComponents

A component may be assigned in different tags
    Option to create a tag out of the dependency of a component (to decide if dynamic or not)

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Feedback and Knowledge Base