Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Dear Jedox User,

in our continuous strive to improve our services, features and to help you gain your share of this ever growing market we are introducing the Jedox Feature Voting System.
This new service is currently exclusively available for you, our Users and Partners.

What is this Jedox Feature Voting System?
It is a tool that provides you with the options to create and vote on Feature request, Ideas and any other general Feedback.
This in return provides us with the necessary Information to react and provide you with the things you need.

We invite you to browse this Page, create and vote on new Features, Ideas and requests!

How can we improve Jedox Software?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Groovy support missing in Jedox 7

Jedox is using a customized Groovy implementation.
    This does not contain all functionality of groovy!!!!!!

The documentation
    https://knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowledgebase/job-groovy/
    does not state a hint that not all native groovy functions are supported.
    e.g AntBuilder() is missing in Jedox 7.

Either change the doku, give a list of all supported functions or provide the full function catalogue of groovy by adding the missing libraries.

Also the groovy version used would be nice to now.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. scale to fit screen size

It would be super helpful if the reports are shown to the user fit to their respective screen.
    There is rarely one screen size used in a company, and that way one could see the whole report zoomed in or out without having to use scroll bars

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Admin →
  3. Undo in ETL

There is no way of undoing a change in ETL rather than reloading the whole ETL Project. Once a change has been made one is forced to save!

Would be helpful if you can leave a changed ETL component without saving it.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Load multiple Excel files from a directory with one connection and extract (like CSV Files).

oad multiple Excel files from a directory with one connection and extract (like CSV Files).

Basicly the same structure like creating a file extract using a folder-connection. But also working with Excel files :)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make global subset definitions independent of IDs

Global subsets are currently stored with IDs referencing elements. THis leads to broken global subsets whenever a dimension is loaded in modus update or transfered to the production environment via the new database script functionality.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Batch XSLX to a single workbook with multiple sheets

Batch XSLX to a single workbook with multiple sheets

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add functionality to "Handling of missing elements" in ETL Loads

I think it would be utterly helpful to add an instruction like "show warnings without import". This would make it possible to update basic data (i. e. Dimensions) before importing.

One can of course delete the imported data and reimport, but if you use "Cube Load with Drillthrough", then you will end up with plenty of double entries here, since this is a separate database...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hotfix availability

If a hot-fix is available, it might be interesting for everyone. It would be nice if all partners are informed and it could be downloaded.
    Or if hot fixes grouped together in cumulative patches, it could be released monthly therefore constantly improving system stability at clients.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Admin →
  9. combine palo.data and palo.setdata to DISPLAY C-element but write on BASE-element

In planning szenarios a lot of customers demand the ability to adjust values by entering the new total value (often on calculated as a c-element). In order to facilitate this behaviour, you have to significantly increase report complexity. Therefore I wish for a function that calculates the difference between the current value and the new value and writes it on a base-element as defined within the formula.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Global Components in the Integration-Manager

It would be very useful to have the possibility defining global Variables, Connections etc... (Perhaps even extracts!)
    In Case e.g. an IP-Adress of a source-server changed it is not longer necessary to change all the concerned connections in the projects, but only the one global defined connection...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve Performance of core.exe

Displaying big and complex reports is too slow.

Unfortunately almost all customers wants to have a reports showing maximum details...

Bottleneck seems to be core.exe, not palo.exe

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Monitor: Add links to mentioned Integrator components

Having huge integrator projects makes it confusing to find a component that failed in etl process for example. The components (Extracts, Transforms, Jobs, ...) are part of the logfiles shown in the monitor but in case of failure of in case of the need to get some details it is necessary to go to the concrete extract, transform, job and so on.

The feature request is now to show the displayed components in the monitor log file as link that points to the component inside the integrator. So only one click is needed to jump to the concerned component.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mobile tags shouldn´t be user specific, should be set for all users like ressources

Today when tagging a report with one of the mobile tags

-phone
    -tablet
    -landscape
    - etc

they are user specific, That means every user has to tag the report, but not all users have Access to the Report Designer, and therefor they can not tag the report.

It should be possible that one user tags the reports, and then this is valid for all users who afterwards have Access to the report. Just like ressouces, which is only tag by one user, normaly the reportbuilder.

It this way the report builder can define if scrollbars, Sheets selectors should be visible…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. paste values from clipboard

In Excel 'Paste View' it is often necessary to select several values to analyze the data, e.g. show the revenue for 30 different material numbers.
    Currently you have to selesct those 30 numbers manually out of the whole list.
    But usually you alreday have those material numbers somewhere and it would be very easy to just copy them and paste them from the clipboard to selected values.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Check calculation period of Subset Data.Filter

Problem: When an user executes an Excel-Subset with a Data.Filter and this Data.Filter has unsufficient restrictions on every dimension, then the subset calculation will need a high amount of Server resources and the olap service is likely to crash.

Reason: User don't realise, how much resources the calculation might take or User are fast inserting a subset without checking the restrictions of the data.filter.

Solution: Before executing a Subset with a Data.Filter check the estimated amount of resources for the calculation. If the amount is to high: display a warning for the user. If he clicks "yes" then the calculation…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sandbox for flexible connections

Right now the sandbox can only connect to one server, which is defined at time of installation of the sandbox. The server name cannot be changed by users without local admin permissions which is standard in large enterprises.

I'd like to have the sandbox prompting for the server to be connected so the user can decide to which server he wants to connect.

Also parallel connections should be possible by default.

Without these enhancements the sandbox cannot be used in multi-server environments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. XML view for Name Manager to enable copy/paste lots of name-value combinations

When I start a new report there are often lots of named ranges which I want to copy from an existing report. Instead I have to create a template first or have to create each name-value combination by hand.
    Template doesn't work so well if we change existing reports or if the reports are so different that I end up with lots of templates..

Instead I would like to copy/paste as I do e.g. in ETL projects.
    There I change to xml-view and paste a list of elements. After that I change back to graphic mode and see all my…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to set atribute as default alias and to set default format (exemple: name-alias) for each dimension

When i make an excel request on a database, i always use the same alias and the same format on the selection's Windows fot a given dimension. The idea is to have that directly on every sélections on my hierarchies. attached the default configuration i would like to be able to set.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. cell comment in Jedox web worksheet automatically from Attribute

In our reports we often show codes e.g. for areas or items.
    Often we also need to show descriptions of those codes which takes lots of space.

I often wished I could just show the description as mouse over of the cell which shows the code. Like the Tooltip of a link or a cell comment.

example:
    I have a dynarange which creates a list of areas and some KPIs.
    Now if I bring my mouse over an area code and want to the additional info like name of the area manager or name of the company.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get the old modeler back

Get the old modeler back, and not the new one that is awfully inconvenient, for instance for managing multiple hierarchies

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Feedback and Knowledge Base