Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Dear Jedox User,

in our continuous strive to improve our services, features and to help you gain your share of this ever growing market we are introducing the Jedox Feature Voting System.
This new service is currently exclusively available for you, our Users and Partners.

What is this Jedox Feature Voting System?
It is a tool that provides you with the options to create and vote on Feature request, Ideas and any other general Feedback.
This in return provides us with the necessary Information to react and provide you with the things you need.

We invite you to browse this Page, create and vote on new Features, Ideas and requests!

How can we improve Jedox Software?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rule Editor usability/GUI - grouping in folders

The rule editor is very powerful but hard to understand from a business user point of view. The user interface could be improved in terms of usability and structure.
    A grouping of rules in a folder structure would help a lot here rather than having all rules in a huge list. However users may need to switch between folder and list view to check the order of the rules.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Jedox AG
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox In-Memory Database (OLAP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print function in Web

In addition to the export functions (PDF, HTML, XLSX) there should be a function for printing.

Right now, users who want to print a report have to export first and print then. Better doing this in one step.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy function from a Field Transporm component to another one

In the integrator > field transform, i would like to use the same function for several different transforms. More specifically, i'm using a map and I'd like to use the same map in other transforms without retyping it (or updating it individually).

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make global subset definitions independent of IDs

Global subsets are currently stored with IDs referencing elements. THis leads to broken global subsets whenever a dimension is loaded in modus update or transfered to the production environment via the new database script functionality.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Jedox In-Memory Database (OLAP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Possibility to use the 'case when' statement in Rules, in case of a lot of if's a case statement makes rules a lot easier to understand

In case of a lot of if's a case statement makes rules a lot easier to understand and to modify.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox In-Memory Database (OLAP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Radio Buttons in Jedox Web

Currently I used several checkboxes and macro for disable checkboxes and guarantee than only one checkbox is selected when one checkbox is selected.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Datepicker combined with input field

Beside selecting a date from the datepicker, the input field should also be filled manually without selecting from the datepicker. So the user can choose if he wants to select the date from the datepicker or if he wants to enter the date manually.
    See also the printscreen attached to this idea:
    - No 1 = Select from the datepicker
    - No 2 = Enter the date into the input field manually

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cancel / Abort Calculation in Jedox Web V2

Unfortunately there was no official statement to my comment on topic

http://feedback.jedox.com/forums/220460-jedox-feature-voting-tool?query=cancel

Thats why I opened the same feature reqest again.
    The main problem is, that during calculations in web the frontend (in standalone environments) is not responding to any user action.

Please note my comment to the official declination post:

Not aware of long running calculation in Spreadsheet itself other than those related to OLAP and these are controllable via System Manager / Sessions / Jobs."

Sorry, but I think this is still an issue for all standalone-entvironments (especially when running rule-based databases or working with huge dynaranges).
    I…

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print to XLSX Snapshot - Graphs

Exporting the JEDOX graphs to Excel as a embedded JPG at the same position (Worksheet, Cells) based on the selected data

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Semi-additive measures: AverageNonEmpty, LastNonEmpty

It is very helpful that Jedox has implemented the first semi-additive measures in version 6.
    (AVG, Last/First Child)

It would be great if this could be continued by 2 more of them:

1.)
    Most important would be AverageNonEmpty, to get an avarage only across children, who have a real value.

2.)
    Another one would be LastNonEmpty, which should give you in a certain time period the last real value.

Examples:
    .. if you monitor price changes or inventories, it should give you the last price or the last stock value for each product in a year
    (independent if this value…

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Jedox In-Memory Database (OLAP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. conditional

Performance monitor for each report on runtime to analyze what is consuming the most time. Is it e.g. calculations, conditional formating, cube access and so on. Like the F12 analyzer tool in web browser with an waterfall diagramm.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The KnowledgeBase needs functionality to switch the language

Currently, most of the Jedox articles are provided with English in the KnowledgeBase.
    Since the Jedox is used around the world, could you please consider to add the functionality to switches the languages to the KnowledgeBase?

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Knowledgebase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Selecting disjunct / non-neighbouring cells with CTRL + mouse

It should be possible to use <CTRL> key to mark different non-neighbouring ranges in a Web spreadsheet (similar as in Excel). #16338

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add new fonts to Jedox Web

It would be a huge advantage if you could add your own fonts to Jedox Web. Especially in terms of corporate design it is necessary.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove x-axis from diagram but preserve the labeling

It would be helpful to remove the x-axis line in diagrams but preserve the labeling of the axis because in modern report design you often do not want to show the x-axis itself.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Find & filter in ETL data preview windows

When creating ETL project, a lot of debugging is needed. At this moment to check if data is correct, I'm exporting data to CSV right from DataPreview vindow. The problem - it exports only data visible on screen.
    Sure - with BIG data, it is ok.

My solution:
    Add search and filter functionality to DataPreview window. Any column would be searchable and filtrable. Something like Data Filter in Excel.

It would exclude any exporting for debugging purposes.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Splashing for string elements

Possibility to splash a string to aggregated cell so every base cell will have the same string afterwards. Practically this would mean adding support for splashing strings via splash operation ! and also adding support for copy operation with strings. #12251

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Jedox In-Memory Database (OLAP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Number of rows from an ETL component

this would be greatly useful to have a method to get the number of rows returned by an ETL component, such as:

mySource=API.initSource("myExtract");
    mySource.getRowCount();

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Expose all the functionaly provided by underlying charting library to enduser

Expose all HighChart features (e.g. http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts#series.data.marker.symbol [^]) via "Advanced Settings"

Simple text editor where I can key in json/JavaScript, store and use in addition to existing (UI modelled) chart features.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Feedback and Knowledge Base