Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Dear Jedox User,

in our continuous strive to improve our services, features and to help you gain your share of this ever growing market we are introducing the Jedox Feature Voting System.
This new service is currently exclusively available for you, our Users and Partners.

What is this Jedox Feature Voting System?
It is a tool that provides you with the options to create and vote on Feature request, Ideas and any other general Feedback.
This in return provides us with the necessary Information to react and provide you with the things you need.

We invite you to browse this Page, create and vote on new Features, Ideas and requests!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pagebreak in PDF prints

Wenn printing PDF pages it is sometimes needed that you can define where the page are broken, so that you can control what is shown on page 1, 2 etc.

This is a feature which will improve the usability for the viewer of the reports made in Jedox.

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Jedox AG
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show absolute value AND percent for slices in mouseover of pie chart

It would be a nice feature to show the absolute value of slices as well as its value in percent when hovering over a pie chart.

At the moment you can only choose to show either absolute values or percent. But in general both values are useful to understand the chart immediately.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. active/inactive for form elements and dynaranges

problems:
    - sometimes I have multiple dynaranges in a report. But in some circumstances I don't want the dynarange to be executed (e.g. if it has long execution time).
    - to avoid that a dynarange is executed when a user opens a report because normally the parameter set is not what the user was looking for but he has to wait until its calculated before he can change the parameters

To achieve this I would like to be able to just set a dynarange to active/inactive.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Object manager for objects used in reports

In some reports we use 50+ objects, mainly dynaranges, comboboxes, buttons,..

Problem:
    - looking for a certain object it would be easier to have all objects in a list with some details about what their key parameters are
    - changing one or more parameter of a group of similar objects (for example visibility or width etc)

An object manager a la Excel VBA would be helpful.
    May be in connection with Macro development and debugging but thats another feature request of its own.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. a way to retrieve the specific ancestor/parent of an element chosen in a combobox

problem: the uses chooses an element in a combobox.
    I want to know the specific parent of this element in specific hierarchy the user used. But I can't find out exactly if this element is part of more than one hierarchy.

To my knowledge there are to functions which do not solve my problem in my oppinion:
    - PALO.EPARENT
    - PALO.ELEMENT_LIST_ANCESTORS

I can find workaround with using those functions but they are prone to bug ins the future when the hierarchies are updated or changed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. show user name and description in SystemManager/session overview

If we add a user we use a company wide user code which is a little cryptic. Therefore its hard to get a quick overview via the session manager in Jedox Web.
    Please show not only the user code of loggin in users but also the user name and user description.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Jedox Web faster for displaying ODBC query results as lists

Sometimes it is more suitable for us to just use an ODBC query in a Jedox Web Report and show the result as a list.
    Unfortunately Jedox Web is very slow to display those lists if they get bigger.
    Lets say it is fast if the result has only 5 columns and 15 rows but it becomes very slow if the result has 15 columns and 1000 rows. Unfortunately we often use those kind of flexible lists generated by ODBC queries to show details to certain report results based on the cubes

Please improve performance to display larger lists in…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Form elements should keep their position when inserting/deleting columns or rows

we defined a layout where (e.g.) comboboxes have a certain length and position. we created a template with some predefined comboboxes we use in nearly every report. However, when I have to insert a new column the comboboxes are shifted to the right and I have to reposition them every time despite I defined the position in the beginning.
    Please provide a function to lock a form element to its position so that it is not moved automatically by adding/removing columns/rows.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Jedox Web Cell-references in macros should be updated when columns/rows are added/deleted

sometimes we uses hardcoded cell references in macros. When adding/deleting cells in the Jedox Web Spreadsheet those macros have to updated manually every time. It would be nice if those references would be updated automatically.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Changing the date format for Datepicker

When I use datepicker, date format don't change.
    I want date format to change from default(mm/dd/yyyy) to other format(for example,"yyyy-mm-dd", "yyyy/mm/dd" and so on) for date picker.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User format when showing numbers in diagrams

When creating diagrams it is possible to define the number format. Today it is possible to choose from General, Numbers, Percentage and Currency. To increase the flexibility when creating diagrams an user format, known from Excel, would be usefull.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Radio Buttons in Jedox Web

Currently I used several checkboxes and macro for disable checkboxes and guarantee than only one checkbox is selected when one checkbox is selected.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Eliminate 0s in graphics

Currently, if we have 0s in graphics, graphic lines down and up in 0 values (see capture1).

I like to see a continuos line in the case the values are not available (0) for one coordinate instead down and up the lines.

In excel, you can use NOD() function (with an "IF" in the cell") to get continous lines (see capture2)

In Jedox NOD() is read like 0

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More MicroCharts: Especially horizontal bar charts

It would be good to have more MicroCharts to design Dashboards and Reports.
    Especially horizontal bar charts (Variance Charts) would be nice. I use them all the time to indicate positive or negative variances.

In Excel they are made with conditional formatting of cells or via external sparkline plugins. Perhaps even the sparklines plugin from sparklines-excel.blogspot.com/ could be integrated into Jedox Web.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Print to XLSX Snapshot - Graphs

Exporting the JEDOX graphs to Excel as a embedded JPG at the same position (Worksheet, Cells) based on the selected data

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default right for new groups in report manager

The default right for new groups in the report manager is "D".

We import the groups via ETL and because of the "D" for new groups the group can see every folder/report per default. So we have to delete the rights for every folder/report manually. The choice between a "N" and "D" as default right would make it much easier. Of course then you have to set the rights manually instead of delete them but this would be much more comfortable and secure.

The "DefaultRight" in the Configuration-Cube (#_CONFIGURATION) is´nt the solution in this case because this includes every dimension…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customizable scroll bars in Jedox Web

Obviously the scroll bars used in Jedox Web are given by Jedox (because e.g. in IE11 scroll bars of the browser look different from the ones displayed in Jedox Web).
    But the look and feel of the Jedox scroll bars is kind of "old school".

Maybe you can add a feature to choose the scroll bar style out of some given examples. The enduser result would be a much more professional look and feel of the reporting tool.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save (private) variables before Logout

When setting a new private variable e.g. by changing a combox and then logging out immediately (without cloosing the report before) Jedox doesn't save the new variable for this user. Would be great if Jedox save the variable before logging out.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cancel / Abort Calculation in Jedox Web V2

Unfortunately there was no official statement to my comment on topic

http://feedback.jedox.com/forums/220460-jedox-feature-voting-tool?query=cancel

Thats why I opened the same feature reqest again.
    The main problem is, that during calculations in web the frontend (in standalone environments) is not responding to any user action.

Please note my comment to the official declination post:

Not aware of long running calculation in Spreadsheet itself other than those related to OLAP and these are controllable via System Manager / Sessions / Jobs."

Sorry, but I think this is still an issue for all standalone-entvironments (especially when running rule-based databases or working with huge dynaranges).
    I…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sorted as default

In several areas, elements are sorted by creation data as opposed to name and this makes selection difficult. For instance:
    - in modeler and subset editor, dropdown to select a database
    - in modeler, list of cubes
    - in subset editor, select Alias
    - in formulas PALO.DATABASE_LIST_CUBES and PALO.DATABASE_LIST_DIMENSIONS

The formulas are the most problematic because the result is an array that cannot be sorted. When I want to compare dimensions and cubes from 2 different databases and the dimensions and cubes were not created in the exact same order, it doesn't line up ...

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base