Jedox Feature Voting Tool

Dear Jedox User,

in our continuous strive to improve our services, features and to help you gain your share of this ever growing market we are introducing the Jedox Feature Voting System.
This new service is currently exclusively available for you, our Users and Partners.

What is this Jedox Feature Voting System?
It is a tool that provides you with the options to create and vote on Feature request, Ideas and any other general Feedback.
This in return provides us with the necessary Information to react and provide you with the things you need.

We invite you to browse this Page, create and vote on new Features, Ideas and requests!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload history in Jedox Web

Upload history in Jedox Web (Integrator, Report Designer) would be greate.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Jedox AG
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy Framesets from Jedox System (licence) to another Jedox System (licence)

Currently it is not possible to copy Framesets from one Jedox System (licence) to another Jedox System (licence).
    Woudl be greate if this would be possible.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Report Designer & Modeller >> alphabetical order & search field

Integrate alphabetical order & search field in Report Designer & Modeller

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XML view for Name Manager to enable copy/paste lots of name-value combinations

When I start a new report there are often lots of named ranges which I want to copy from an existing report. Instead I have to create a template first or have to create each name-value combination by hand.
    Template doesn't work so well if we change existing reports or if the reports are so different that I end up with lots of templates..

Instead I would like to copy/paste as I do e.g. in ETL projects.
    There I change to xml-view and paste a list of elements. After that I change back to graphic mode and see all my…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Select/Unselect All" for Security Properties of User Groups in Jedox Web > Reports

In Jedox Web >> Reports, when you want to customize rights of user groups for a specific folder under Proteries >> Security, as default all user groups have access to all folders.

If you want to give just one user group access to just one folder, you always need to deactivate the access of all the other user groups manually.

It would be much more easier, when there is a "Select/Unselect All" button for all 3 types of rights (Full Control, Write, Read)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Date, Time and Datetime format: Depiction of values in charts

The idea is a depiction of values within a chart as Date, Time and Datetime values like HH:MM and similar.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. cell comment in Jedox web worksheet automatically from Attribute

In our reports we often show codes e.g. for areas or items.
    Often we also need to show descriptions of those codes which takes lots of space.

I often wished I could just show the description as mouse over of the cell which shows the code. Like the Tooltip of a link or a cell comment.

example:
    I have a dynarange which creates a list of areas and some KPIs.
    Now if I bring my mouse over an area code and want to the additional info like name of the area manager or name of the company.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow multiple consolidation of an element

sometimes you have to be able to consolidate the same element multiple times, for instance with consolidation factor=0 (for instance when you built a hierarchy tailor-made for a report, and you want empty rows for presentation purposes)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jedox In-Memory Database (OLAP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lock a file in Report Designer when it is used by another user

Like Excel :
    Set the report in a read only mode when another developper is working on a file

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reuse of a jedox session id in a connection in ETL

if a job using this variable connection is still running => message to the user / allow to cancel the job

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Number of rows from an ETL component

this would be greatly useful to have a method to get the number of rows returned by an ETL component, such as:

mySource=API.initSource("myExtract");
    mySource.getRowCount();

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jedox Integrator (ETL)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. new clause in jedox db scripts "create if not exists"

Currently the standard option "ERROR_IF_EXISTS" is not convenient for instance to update a dimension on a prod machine from a dev machine.

this clause is also standard in databases dumps (e.g. CREATE INDEX "myIndex" IF NOT EXISTS)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jedox In-Memory Database (OLAP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. By default show summary of cells in the bottom right corner

Like in Excel it would be nice to get an automatic summary of cells shown in the bottom right Corner (see attached file).

For example:
    Value in cell A1: 20
    Value in cell A2: 30
    Value in cell A3: 40

When range A1:A3 is selected, the sum of those three cells should be shown in the bottom right Corner. This should be doable in reportmanager as well as in the file Manager.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enhance the REST connection with the standard methods

At the present time only GET and POST are supported. It would be great to have all the other methods of REST (PUT, DELETE...)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Working with tasks through API

It would be useful to be able to create, modify, delete and launch tasks directly from the API, allowing specification of :

schedule (date/time of execution and frequence of execution),
    active or not,
    file location when generating xlsx or pdf.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. workbook export macro function should also support pdf as file type (currently xlsx, wss)

I am using macros to export files.
    Currently I can only choose between xlsx and wss.
    For a project I do at the moment I would need Pdf to be a possibility as well.

why Pdf in this case?
    - normal users can't handle wss
    - we don't want the user to use an exported xlsx Jedox report as source for other Excel reports to apply shadow reporting

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jedox Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outline mode in paste wiev

If there are 2 dimensions in the rows in paste view and the second dimension aggregation level is expanded, then all first dimension element displayed.
    It makes data analysis and discovery a nightmare. If it could work like an outline mode, like expanding a dimension level only expands at a given first dimension, it would result in a more comprehensibe layout.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hotfix availability

If a hot-fix is available, it might be interesting for everyone. It would be nice if all partners are informed and it could be downloaded.
    Or if hot fixes grouped together in cumulative patches, it could be released monthly therefore constantly improving system stability at clients.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. excel F4 repeat last operation did not work

As Jedox systems gets more and more complex, instead multiple RGP, and FGP, Config databases, a single database could be used so store all metadata about jedox.

This help backup/restore of the system, it also might help moving development between dev/test/live systems.
    This is currently not supported in any way.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. excel F4 repeat last operation did not work

excel F4 repeat last operation did not work in current jedox version. This is the best practice to work in excel quickly (like formatting, etc)

Could it be enabled even when exel add in is installed?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base